I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Kay from iTravelista. She just started a travel blog and I’m sure that she will be very successful.
This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community.
The questions I was asked:
1. What has been the most enjoyable place you have been to?
That’s a difficult question! There are many places I really enjoyed but if I have to select only one, it would be Koh Lipe in Thailand. When I was there, I felt like I was in paradise: amazing beaches, hot and transparent water, excellent food, cheap cocktails, nice people, not too many tourist. I don’t think that I need to say more!
2. What has been the worst situation you have been in while traveling?
My boyfriend and I went to Myanmar 2 years ago. He started to be sick when we arrived at Inle Lake. It got worst and worst and no medicine seemed to reduce his pain. He didn’t want to be repatriated but we shortened our stay. My mother picked us up at the airport and we went directly to the hospital. He was diagnosed with an amoebiasis, an intestinal infection caused by contaminated water or food and had to follow a treatment for one month. With hindsight, I’m sure he got sick after having eaten a tea leaves salad. It wasn’t our first time in Asia but he had forgotten about the most important precaution: if you can’t peel it, boil it or cook it then don’t eat it!
3. What camera do you use on your travels?
I use a compact Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40. I don’t like to use reflex cameras because I feel like I never have the appropriate lens and therefore I’m frustrated.
4. What was your most memorable moment when traveling?
My most memorable moment was when I met a polar bear in the wild during a walking tour in Churchill, Canada.
5. What was your worst food experience in any country?
Eating bat in the Seychelles.
6. How did you gain courage to do your first solo trip and where was it?
I haven’t travel solo yet. I love to travel with my friends and family too much. And as I’m the one in charge of planning everything, we always do what I want. But I hope I will do it one day, at least once.
7. What do you use most to stay in airBnB, hostels, couchsurfing or hotels?
I like sleeping in hostels but also in 5* hotels. It really depends of where I am and with whom. I prefer to spend money in activities rather than in accommodation. I just need a clean room with hot water if possible!
I will try Airbnb very soon and I think I will love this kind of accommodation because of the interaction with the hosts, who can give great indications about where to go and what to visit off the beaten track.
But I’ve never tried couchsurfing and I don’t think I will.
8. What are 11 fun facts about you?
1. My index fingers are almost as long as my middle fingers
2. I collect spoons
3. I’m crazy about ketchup
4. I love to sleep
5. I was bitten by a dolfin when I was 11
6. I like to kill zombies on my boyfriend’s PC
7. I need to eat every 4 hours, like a baby
8. I love to pee in nature
9. I look much younger than my age
10. I met my boyfriend on Internet 10 years ago
11. I like knitting
9. What is your favourite apps to use while traveling?
I particularly like AroundMe. It quickly identifies your position and shows you a complete list of all the businesses in the category you have tapped on along with the distance from where you are (Bank, Bar, Restaurant, Hospital, Supermarket, Taxi,…).
10. What have you learned about yourself?
I learned that I can handle pretty much any situation.
11. Favourite photo you have taken?
My nominees are:
Students ‘n’ Travelers
The Bonfire Dream
Compass and Fork
Wonder Where We Land
La Grande Epopée Londonienne
Instructions to follow:
Create a blog post on your site answering the questions that I have provided below.
In your post, be sure to link back to the blog who nominated you (which is me, Cess from Cess Here and There) with a thank you and a shout out.
After answering the questions I gave, provide a question for your nominees.
Select, list and link 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers and provide these instructions.
DON’T FORGET to create 11 questions for them to answer.
Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do.
Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.
Questions for my nominees:
1. Who is your best travel companion?
2. What do you collect?
3. How did you choose the name of your blog?
4. What is your favourite cocktail?
5. What is your life motto?
6. Where would you like to be right now if you could teleport yourself?
7. What annoys you the most about your fellow citizens when you encounter them abroad?
8. Which book would you recommend?
9. What is your favourite social media?
10. What has been the worst situation you have been in while traveling?
11. Do you have a bad habit you can’t get rid of?